Breastfeeding is normal, natural, wholesome, and beautiful. In honor of Black History Month, here are 22 stunning images of breastfeeding mothers and babies of color that prove it.
- Talk about an oxytocin boost…
2. A tiny hand in mother’s hand.
3. First latches in life.
4. Supremely accomplished.
5. At home on mother’s body.
6. When motherhood is regal…
7. The power of one gives life to two.
8. Any place, any time, these babies will be nourished.
9. And modern breastfeeding is just as lovely.
10. Proud, capable, confident.
11. Baby fever inducer.
12. That shared look is everything.
13. Reaching up for mother… she’s never close enough.
14. Continued connection.
15. Breastfeeding is fabulous.
16. The benefits of breastfeeding don’t expire.
17. When advocates nurse, unforgettable photo shoots happen.
18. It’s a family affair.
18. We’ve got company for dinner…
19. A mother always holds her child, in her arms or her heart.
20. The most gentle kind of power — to accept nourishment, and to give it.
21. Studying, savoring every last little bit.
Resources on breastfeeding for women of color:
- Black Breastfeeding Week website & Facebook page
- Black Women Do Breastfeed website & Facebook page
- “It’s Only Natural” – CDC & Office of Women’s Health breastfeeding guide for African American families
- Mocha Manual
- Normalize Breastfeeding
- Your Guide to Breastfeeding for African American Women