Q & A Hotlines
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers Helpline: 844-412-2949
- Breastfeeding Network: 300-100-021
- Drugs in Breast Milk Helpline at The Breastfeeding Network: 844-412-4665
- La Leche League International: 800-LALECHE (525-3243). Alternate helpline is 845-120-2918.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline: 300-100-0212
- NCT Breastfeeding Helpline: 300-330-0770 (option 1)
WHAT TO DO…
…if you’re harassed for nursing in public
…if your employer fails to comply with workplace pumping laws
Visit FB! Stop Harrassing page & campaign for Facebook to change its breastfeeding photo guidelines. Includes many petitions, help, and action items on the topic of demonizing breastfeeding photos.
WHO TO CALL…
Breastfeeding Harassment Hotline: 855-NIP-FREE
Find Local Support
Search this directory of state, territorial, and tribal breastfeeding coalitions.
Contact a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor: 1-800-842-3678
Find local La Leche League support groups to get in touch with your nursing neighbors, or join a LLL online chat.
Search for your Mama Tribe, or start one of your own!
Hospital Birth Assistance
Don’t forget to bring baby’s first doctor’s note with you if you’re expecting a hospital birth.
The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
In Texas like me? Find Texas Ten Step facilities